Saturday, July 15, 2023

Real Sorcery by Jason Miller

Most people have heard of Aesop’s fables. I learned about them as a child by watching the animated Aesop and Son on the Rocky and Bullwinkle show in the 1960s and 70s. Sometimes statements made by Aesop are wrongly credited to others. For example, some claim that “God helps those who help themselves” is found in the Christian Bible; however, it’s not. It’s a misquote of Aesop, who was a pagan and wrote, “The gods help those who help themselves.”

Aesop’s expression is a good summation of the magical philosophy of the sorcerer Jason Miller. His philosophy, which he calls ‘Strategic Sorcery,’ holds that one should start with real-world action to achieve a goal and supplement it with magick. This differs from others who would have you make magick the focus for achieving your goal.

I’ve long been a fan of Jason Miller. His books are practical and very useful. I own, I believe, all of his books and have taken several of his courses. All of which has elevated my magical practice. 


His newest book is titled Real Sorcery. This book is an update on his classic The Sorcerer’s Secrets, which was the first book of his that I bought. In Real Sorcery, Miller starts with basic practices. From there he provides practical tools for financial sorcery, divination, love sorcery, and more. 

I highly recommend Real Sorcery by Jason Miller. Even if you already have the original The Sorcerer’s Secrets, Real Sorcery has lots of useful and very interesting updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Changes

Now that my life is so prearranged, I know that it’s time for a cool change. -    Cool Change by the Little River Band I’ve written a lot, a...